Monday, October 5, 2009

Chocolate Chip Cookies


Last year I posted about making chocolate chip cookies, but I never posted the recipe. I made them again the other night and they turned out fabulous! This is the only recipe that I can get to work. There is just enough flour that they don't run or burn (of course unless you leave them in too long). The recipe is from The Essential Mormon Cookbook. Just make sure to get all of the flour mixed in really good. One time I didn't, and they ran and burned a little bit.

Best-Ever Chocolate Chip Cookies

1 cup butter or margarine softened
3/4 cup white sugar
1 cup brown sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp. vanilla
3 cups flour
3/4 tsp. salt
3/4 tsp. baking soda
1 (12 oz) bag of chocolate chips

Cream together butter, sugars, vanilla and eggs. Add dry ingredients. Add chocolate chips. Bake 350* for 8 to 10 minutes. Makes about 3 dozen!

Happy Cookie Baking:)

3 comments:

Fords said...

Yay! I need a good chocolate chip cookie recipe! Thanks!

Analisha said...

I will be making these soon! I love cookies and these look great! Yum

Harrison's said...

Oooh thanks for sharing. I made cookies a couple of weeks ago and if I was the swearing type there would have lots of words flying! I was SO frustrated. They were crispy on the edges and fell through the cookie racks when they were cooling, didn't really have a bottom to them...you get the picture. I'll definitely have to try these.