For the fourth this year we had a lot of fun. We did most of our celebrating on Saturday. We had a fabulous party at Gma and Gpa Roach's. I forgot to take pictures. We visited and ate a yummy lunch including Grandma's homemade ice cream sandwiches. We then set up the pool in the backyard and let the kids swim. Braiden had so much fun playing with cousins while Gavin enjoyed a smaller pool pretty much to himself. He just kept splashing around. It was so fun to visit with everyone. We then came home and Mike, Alex and Stewart came over. They brought a slip and slide. We also had the pools filled up. Gavin was taking a nap while we were slip and sliding. I have never really done it before. It really scared me to even try, but I did it. Mike, Alex, JT and Braiden all were doing so great going down. I just couldn't quite get the hang of it. I did try and had fun. I just need a little practice before anyone else sees my in all my slip and slid glory:)




We then had a yummy steak dinner out on the patio. When it got dark we did fireworks. Gavin loved loved loved the poppers. He would throw them and step on them. He wanted more and more and more. When Braiden finally woke up he enjoyed them as well. The fireworks show was fabulous. JT and Mike did a great job at lighting the show. Stewart slept for this part. I tried something else that I have never done before. I popped a popper in my hand. It really scared me, but it really didn't hurt. I amaze myself with things I will try these days:) It was a busy but fun day. Happy Birthday America! I am so grateful for the many freedoms we enjoy!






No comments:
Post a Comment