Thursday, October 28, 2010

Homemade Applesauce

My mother-in-law always has the most fabulous applesauce. When I found out she makes her own, I had to learn how. The past few years I have been bottling applesauce. Last year, I thought I was so amazing that I could work on three batches at once. I ended up burning a few apples in two of those batches. They had to be thrown out. This year I decided to take my time to make sure it turned out great. It took a little longer, but it is finished!! It also tastes delicious:)

This is the most fabulous machine. It makes all different kinds of sauces, but it is my applesauce machine. We were so so excited to add this to our canning supplies this year. It is amazing!

I used one bushel of apples this year. Gpa Allan always has the most tasty apples.

You cut them up (seeds, core, stem, and all) and let them steam until they are soft.

Put it through the amazing sauce machine, add a little (or a lot) of cinnamon and sugar and bottle. The hot water bath to seal. Delish! One more item off of my check list. Happy Fall Y'all!

No comments: