Thursday, September 17, 2009

{Learning our ABC's}

This year I am not sending Braiden to preschool, we will wait until next year. We decided we wanted to keep busy this year (yes, I know I ALWAYS have something to do) and continue learning. Braiden and I (with Gavin in tow) are going to learn and explore using our alphabet and holidays. I am so excited. I hope Braiden is as excited as I am. It is not necessarily going to be anything big, but we are going to have fun. I want to try and focus more on my kids and less on things that I should be getting done. (These items will still need to be done, but I will figure out another way to do that.)

This week we are learning about the Letter A. We have colored a few papers about the letter A. We are making an alphabet book. We are learning about APPLES, ANTS, and ALLIGATORS.




These are pictures of Braiden getting ready for our APPLE project. We have checked out books from our Library on all of our 'A' topics. The other day we read about apples and decided to paint a picture of an apple tree. We made homemade finger paint. (EASY, corn syrup and food coloring) It was easy clean up, just a little sticky:) Braiden painted the leaves on the tree and then colored a few pictures of apples and a tree trunk. We then stuck those on the leaves.





Today we learned about ANTS. We went on a nature walk looking for ants. We found one ant. It ran so fast, we couldn't get a picture of it. We found many many grasshoppers. Braiden loved running and making them jump. Gavin was a good sport and enjoyed the stroller ride. We had so much fun reading about ants and searching for them. Braiden had a great moment today:) We also stopped and let Braiden play on the playground. There is a bridge on the playground and Braiden has been really scared to cross it by himself. HE DID IT! We were both so proud. We jumped and yelled and waved our hands through the air! It was an exciting moment:) Tomorrow is Alligators. It should be another fun filled day!

5 comments:

Fords said...

Looks like you guys are having a lot of fun...good for you :)

harmonie said...

Thanks for the congrats. :)
Your learning adventures sound fun! A great website is starfall.com It has fun ABC and holiday ideas. :)

Analisha said...

You are such a great mom! And you help inspire me so much. I hope you don't mind my stilling some of your ideas by the way! I think what you are doing with Braid is fabulous and it definitely makes me want to do something fun and educational. Thanks for all you do for us. I love you!

Harrison's said...

This is so great! I wanted to do something similar with Tayson like a letter a week to focus on or something but I haven't started anything yet. Such cute ideas!! I love the stroller picture of both the boys. So adorable.

Anonymous said...

Your kids are so stinkin cute! I love the pic of braiden in his apron and the one where Braiden is standing next to the stroller and he and Gavin are both smiling. Cute, cute, cute!! Dondy