Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Ready or not.....




...here we go again! It is that time of year again. Time to start the garden. I know it is just peas and onions, but we are off to another year of gardening. I have really loved doing a garden. Last year we got a lot of veggies and were able to enjoy them fresh as well as freeze and bottle them for throughout the year. I hope this year's garden will be even more successful. We are trying some new things and hopefully are being more organized as well. Brooks and Analisha are going to help with the garden again this year. It will be an adventure for sure! As you can see, I drew a picture of what our garden area will look like this year. Completely different from last years garden. I found this awesome website about how and when to plant your crops. We are going to try his advice and see how it works. Next year we will rotate the crops and hopefully have a great garden. If you want to check out the website click here. JT's sister Katie has also helped us and given us great advice. Hopefully we can retain it all and work wonders in the garden. Thanks Katie! Braiden and JT did most of the work planting the peas and onions last night. Gavin wanted to be such a big helper! He stepped on the rows of peas after I had just watered them. He had mud everywhere. Needless to say, we had to come in and get him cleaned up. I am so excited for garden 2010! Happy gardening!

2 comments:

Fords said...

Your blog looks so cute! I need to get working on a garden...I can't believe it is that time of year already! Time flies....

Analisha said...

I am so excited!!! I really think the boys will be easier this year! Okay...well here's to hoping anyway right? I think it looks great. You just give me a list of things to get or chores to do or whatever!