Friday, March 12, 2010

Sleeping and Dinosaurs

I just had to write this down because it still makes me laugh to think about it. Braiden has not been our best sleeper. He will start out in his bed and then when Gavin starts to cry, he will get up, use the bathroom and then proceed to go and sleep by JT while I get Gavin to sleep. Sometimes I will come in and move him back into his bed. Sometimes, I am just too tired. I kept doing all I could think of to get him to stay in his own bed. I finally decided to bribe. I know, I shouldn't, but guess what, it has worked!!! Every night Braiden stayed in his bed all night long, he got to put a frog up on his chart. When he slept in his bed for 7 straight nights, he got to go to Macey's and choose this dinosaur he has been wanting. He finally did it. Seven straight nights of not being kicked and hit! I have loved it. We went to Macey's the other day to pick out the dinosaur. He of course chose a T-Rex. On our way out to the car I proceeded to tell Braiden that even though he has his dinosaur, that means he still has to sleep in his bed. If he doesn't, the dino will be taken away. Braiden looked at me and said, "How long do I have to sleep in my own bed, for the REST OF MY LIFE!?!" I cracked up. I have no idea where he heard this. I then said, "Yes Braiden, for the rest of your life!" I love my little three year old.

2 comments:

Analisha said...

That boy makes me laugh!!! I love you Braiden.

Harrison's said...

That is too hilarious! I love it!