Friday, August 1, 2008

The 24th of July!

I know this is a little late, but we have had a busy few weeks. I love the 24th of July. It is my favorite holiday next to Christmas. I love Fiesta Days and everything that goes on in Spanish Fork. On the 23rd, we took Braiden to the rodeo. He enjoyed it once we got past the first event. When the guys would get bucked off the horse, he would look at me and say, "Oh No!" and then he would look as if he was going to cry. It was so sweet, but I was grateful it didn't last and that he enjoyed the rest of the rodeo.

This is Braiden and J.T. enjoying the rodeo.

On the 24th we enjoyed the usual events. We went to the parade and got to see Elise and Macy. I babysat Macy last year. She has gotten so big. It was fun the see them. Braiden was very excited. He misses Macy very much. We also got to see Uncle Brooks in the parade. He got to run down the parade route handing out Otter Pops to the kids for his work. I am sure he enjoyed every minute of it!

Mom, Cortlynn and Braiden at the parade.

We then went to Grandma Roach's for lunch and then to Salem pond with the Collett's. It was busy. While we were at Gma Roach's Braiden and the kids got to swim. I didn't bring a swim diaper, so Braiden swam in his regular one. He swam for a little bit and then looked like he was holding an extra 10 pounds. He looked at me and said, "Mommy, change a bum." We then got him into a more comfortable diaper.

Braiden trying to drink the water while swimming.

Braiden, J.T. and cousins Michelle and Nathan in the canoe.

We ended the day with fireworks at our house and then watching the show
put on by the city. It was a great day!

1 comment:

Harrison's said...

Oh it looks like you guys had so much fun. I love that Braiden was concerned about the cowboys! That's so cute. I miss Fiesta Days. I'm glad you guys celebrated for us.